Thursday 5 April 2012

FOTD and Mini Review



Today I am going car shopping so I chucked a quick look together and had a bit of time left over so I thought what better thing is there to do with my time than write a blog post?! A FOTD is quick and easy, and I don't want to class this as a tutorial because it is super simple.
Eyes - I always do my eyes before my base, I can never understand why you'd do base first because your eye-shadow's fall out!
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Maybelline Colour Tattoo - Bad to the bronze (just all over my lid then up to my crease)
Urban Decay - Sidecar (all over the bad to the bronze)
Urban Decay - Hustle (under my eyes)
Urban Decay - Toasted (under my eyes to blend out hustle)
Maybelline expert wear eyeliner - velvet black (waterline)
Avon Supershock gel eyeliner - black (tightline)
Revlon Luxurious Color Smoky Crayon - Steel Smoke (smudged across my lashline)
Urban Decay - Gunmetal (smudged on eyeliner and outer corner of eye)
Avon SuperShock Mascara and Soap and Glory Thick & Fast - Black (top lashes)
Almay one coat dial up mascara - black (bottom lashes)

Eyebrows - 
HD Brows
Face - 
No7 Essential Moisture Day Cream
Benefit Porefessional primer and Loreal Magique primer
Estee Lauder invisible fluid make-up
Laura Mercier silk creme foundation (to conceal redness)
MakeupForever HD powder
Hard Candy Baked Bronzer - Tropics
MAC cream colour base - luna
Benefit Erase Paste
Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer
Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer
Blush from 28 colour palette off eBay
Mac Beauty Powder - Too Chic
Urban Decay All nighter Setting Spray
Lips -
Carmex Lip Balm
Revlon Matte - Pink Pout
...That's a lot of make-up for a "quick look" haha!
My Mini review is going to be on the Estee Lauder foundation that I am wearing today. When I went to Boots not so long ago to try the new Lancome foundation, I stumbled across this newbie from Estee and decided to get a sample. I can't remember what colour I am sorry!. Now first of all I have dry/very dry skin with a lot of redness, I don't normally have much more than that to cover - thankfully an advantage of dry skin is a shortage of spots *touch wood*. This is a very light feeling foundation (as the name suggests!), it is very watery and you need to shake this quite well before you apply. It blends onto the skin well (I use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush) and sinks into the skin. As you can tell from the pictures, it photographs beautifully and really does look like 'your skin but better'. The only problem I have found with this foundation is the lasting power; I have tried it two times whilst going to sixth form and just 3 hours in it'd be blotchy and melting off. I'm not sure I would buy the full version because it retails at 27pound and it really hasn't "wow'd" me; I would pick Loreal Magique foundation or Rimmel Wake Me Up anyday.



Thanks for reading, let me know your thoughts on the foundation!





2 comments:

  1. I am a fan of the Real Techniques Buffing brush myself. Thank you so much for this post!

    ReplyDelete